Focus on sustainable programmes
The Trafigura Foundation supports programmes that demonstrate to achieve effective and lasting impact in our two focus areas of operations: Fair and Sustainable Employment and Clean and Safe Supply Chains. Also, programmes should be located in countries where Trafigura Group has operations.
The programmes that we support must contribute to our commitment to help people reach their full potential. We will therefore favour programmes that demonstrate a strong ownership, build local capacities and articulate a clear vision about how to increase the autonomy of beneficiaries.
How to apply
Organisations that are interested in our support are invited to email us a short concept note in English (maximum length three A4 pages) including the following details:
- Title of the project;
- Objective(s) of the proposed endeavour (quantified/qualified);
- Main activities and beneficiaries (quantified/qualified);
- Implementation location with a map;
- Timeline/main milestones;
- Financial information: total budget (with main line items) and requested contribution from the Trafigura Foundation;
- Other donors (confirmed or prospective) and self-financing share;
- Name of the applying organisation, legal status thereof, tax status and website address.
If the proposal is in line with our criteria and priorities, we will follow up and ask for further information in due course. Please note that if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, you may consider that your application has unfortunately not been successful.
All projects proposals are first screened by the Foundation’s executive team. Proposals having successfully passed this initial screening are formally reviewed by the Foundation’s Board. The Board takes into account the relevance of the project with respect to the Foundation’s mission and portfolio. The Board also assesses the projects’ efficiency and impact. Upon a positive outcome, the Foundation gets in touch with the successful applicant to work out grant practicalities.
The Trafigura Foundation does not fund the following type of projects:
- Programmes or relief activities in countries where there is no Trafigura presence (see www.trafigura.com);
- Academic research;
- Individual requests for scholarship or financial support;
- Projects presented through a third party, such as fundraising or marketing service-providers;
- General fundraising events;
- Sports events, charity balls or galas;
- Projects pursuing religious or political objectives;
- Projects which do not fit under one of our key areas of focus: Fair and Sustainable Employment and Clean and Safe Supply Chains.