Apply for the position of Communication Manager
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communication Manager defines the communication strategy for the Trafigura Foundation and ensures the timely and effective production and distribution of all communication materials. S/He makes sure the Foundation’s on- and offline publications are at all times aligned with the Foundation’s activities and philosophy. S/He defines, organises, plans and supervises all activities relating to the preparation, production and distribution of the Foundation’s communication materials. S/He is also entrusted with the responsibility to lead and give guidance to all staff engagement activities, at group level.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Manage communications for the Trafigura Foundation
- Creation of the internal and external communications strategy as defined in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- The Foundation’s website and corporate intranets are regularly updated with new stories, facts, figures and photos or videos.
- Creatively develop engaging solutions (video, infographics, social media posts) to effectively communicate about the Foundation’s activities with key external audiences and internal corporate staff.
- Ensure the production and distribution of the Foundation’s annual reports.
- Contribute to Trafigura Group’s corporate communications and publications in collaboration with its Corporate Affairs Departments.
- Provide information on the Foundation’s activities to the different Group’s offices located around the world and provide guidance about corporate volunteering activities.
- The Communication Manager may engage with external suppliers as required to ensure appropriate, timely and professional provision of required support services (e.g. copy-editing, graphic design, photography and video production).
Ensure consistent and vibrant image for the Foundation
- All communication materials align with the visual identity guidelines.
- Templates and image guidelines for all collateral are crafted and used by all employees and partners.
- Photo library is maintained and updated.
- All copies, photos and logos used by third parties to describe the Foundation are provided, checked and approved.
- Partners receive support and materials for their communication about the foundations.
- The proper implementation by the Foundation’s grantees of the contractual requirements with respect to highlighting or acknowledging the Foundation’s support is being regularly verified and, when needed adjusted.
- Whenever required, briefings, background papers and/or editorial support when the Foundation’s spokespersons are being interviewed or required to deliver a speech are produced.
- Press and media releases are produced and disseminated in close coordination with the Head of Media Relations for either Puma Energy or Trafigura.
Lead and coordinate staff-engagement activities for Group employees
- Be the point of reference for Charity Committees (groups of corporate volunteers worldwide) to provide guidance and information on the ways in which the Foundation supports corporate
- Leads the partnerships with the charities selected by employees for their corporate volunteering activities. This includes analysing the projects’ reports and performance based upon the agreed reference frame as defined by objectives and indicators.
- Share all vital information about the corporate volunteering programmes and liaises with all concerned Group collaborators to produce engaging internal communications.
- Ensures an open and timely information flow, in particular with the relevant colleagues of the Foundation’s team to make sure all administrative tasks – in particular payments – relating to the programmes and the grants are looked after efficiently.
- Feeding data timely into the Foundation’s programmes database with all required information.
- Actively contributing to the preparation of Board meetings, providing relevant, accurate and required information in a timely manner.
- Some field visits (two or three short missions per year) may be required.
Competences & Skills
- Preferred Bachelor Degree in Humanities, Journalism, Marketing & Communications or Political Sciences.
- Native-level fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking). Ability to read, write and speak in French and Spanish is highly desirable.
- Full proficiency in usual Windows suite of software.
- Minimum 5 years of confirmed experience in a comparable communication role.
- Previous exposure in the non-profit world is highly desirable.
- An initial exposure to staff engagement/volunteering activities is desirable
- Previous exposure to corporate environment or understanding of CSR dynamics appreciated.
- A keen personal interest in international humanitarian and/or development issues, and in all aspects relating to corporate strategic philanthropy.
Competences & Skills
- High creativity expressed through the capacity of crafting different communications and using multimedia platform to engage different audiences.
- Professional use of social media.
- Basic knowledge or experience in graphic design, video making and website management, as an autonomous designer or in handling graphic design projects in collaboration with external communication agencies.
- Ability to recognise and adapt his/her own style of writing and communicating to different cultures.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and to multitask optimally.
- Capacity to organise him-/herself and others with clear short, medium- and long-term goals.
- Ability to articulate plans and ideas in a fast paced multicultural environment.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- key external audiences and internal corporate staff.
- Permanent position, 100% and based in Geneva, Switzerland
- Preference will be given to candidates entitled to a work permit in Geneva. No relocation package will be proposed.
- Highly competitive social benefits package.
- Start date as soon as possible.
- Please note the interview process will start in January 2023
- To apply please upload a CV and a cover letter. Click here to apply
Last update 01/12/2022